Sustainable and Traditional Storage Solutions for the Home

8:15:00 PM

This weekend was a stay in weekend for me. Not only I had some work to do for a bar in Barangaroo, Sydney (more on that later in another post) I wasn't feeling too great in braving the big bad world. I was mostly curled up in bed, with some hot tea, sourcing some storage items for another personal job. 


The brief was to have sustainable, stylish and ethical storage for the cosy family home. 

Take the 'Belly Basket' for example. It originates from South East Asia, handmade by the local folks and it's rather affordable. It's simple, could be used as a market basket, planter holder, storage for linen, toys and blankets. Very versatile, and complimentary to the stark white, scandinavian decor. 
Mixing different cultural styles in your home is always a good thing, in my opinion. 


Anyway, just in case you're wondering, I've already placed an order for these baskets and I can't wait to have them in the home project and I may have also have ordered a few for myself! 


It wasn't long before I was captivated and scrolling down endless storage ideas. What intrigued me the most was all that gorgeous natural and traditional seagrass weave baskets. They mostly originate from south east Asian countries and has the most gorgeous texture to complement Australia's recent simple chic decor trend. 














You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe